Also available as an ebook on:
Please note: The UHMS has decided to delay shipping on this publication due to important updates that require additional time and attention. Customers who purchased during the pre-sale period will receive their books first once shipping begins. Thank you for your patience.
This book will be available in print book, PDF thumb drive, and ebook through Google Play Books. Pre-sales for this book will only be available for the print book and PDF thumb drive.
Since its first appearance in 1977, the UHMS Hyperbaric Medicine Indications Manual has served as a guide for practitioners and scientists interested in hyperbaric and undersea medicine.
The UHMS and Best Publishing Company are pleased to announce the upcoming release of the 15th Edition of the Hyperbaric Medicine Indications Manual. This will include updates to existing chapters, a new chapter on the newest indication to be approved by the Oxygen Therapy Committee, and a new chapter on the Dosing of Hyperbaric Oxygen.
- Hyperbaric Treatment of Air or Gas Embolism: Current Recommendations
- Central Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Selected Problem Wounds
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Clostridial Myonecrosis (Gas Gangrene)
- The Effect of Hyperbaric Oxygen on Compromised Grafts and Flaps
- The Role of Hyperbaric Oxygen for Acute Traumatic Ischemias
- Decompression Sickness
- Delayed Radiation Injuries (Soft Tissue and Bony Necrosis) and Potential for Future Research
- Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Intracranial Abscess
- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections
- Refractory Osteomyelitis
- Severe Anemia
- Adjunctive Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy in the Treatment of Thermal Burns
- Avascular Necrosis of Femoral Head
- Mechanisms of Action of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Side Effects of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Oxygen Dosing
- Oxygen Pretreatment and Preconditioning
- Randomized Controlled Trials in Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Emerging Indications: Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Emerging Indications for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy